Steelhouse, Room 1, Conference Aston Meetings Suites, Aston University, Birmingham
Booking now open
Abstracts for each session can be found by clicking the title of the full set of abstracts can be found here
10.00 – 10.30: Registration and Welcome
10.30 – 11.30: Sociological Explorations
- Dr Jude Roberts (Keele) – “I will never reveal the truth!”: figuring out non-binary gender in contemporary comics.
- Dr Carrie Friese (LSE) – Fields in STS: Reconciling Care, Science and the Structuring of Social Life
- Dr Carolina Matos (City) – Women in transnational contexts: gender politics and the media in Latin America and Brazil
11.30 – 12.00: Break
12.00- 13.00: Sociological Geographies
- Dr Ipek Demir (Leicester) – Diaspora and Translation: Conceptual Borrowings
- Dr Robert Gibb (University of Glasgow) – Some questions and reflections on working in/across different languages in a collaborative research project
- Dr Michaela Benson (Goldsmiths) –
In-house ethnography: creating a sense of place through narrative and filming
13.00 – 14.00: LUNCH
14.00 – 15.00: Sociological Rebellions
- Dr Hannah Jones (Warwick) – Uncomfortable Positions: Against Heroic Sociology
- Dr Emma Jackson (Goldsmiths) – For a feminist punk sociology: Collaboration as rebellious sociology?
- Professor John Holmwood (Nottingham) – Sociology after the Public University.
15.00 – 15.15: Break
15.15 – 16.15: The Games We Play: Careers Roundtable
16.15 – 16.45: Break
16.45 – 17.45: Keynote
- Professor Laurie Taylor – Sociology and the Popular Imagination.
17.45: Address from BSA President
- Professor Lynn Jamieson
The full programme can be downloaded here
Booking can be done through the BSA Website